Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, whether they be aunts, sisters, or friends.
If you would like to share a tribute to your mother please leave a comment with a link to your blog or Facebook page or wherever you have it posted.


This is year is our first year without our mom for Mother's day.  When my mother-in-law passed away, it was hard, but now that they are both gone it is doubly hard.
One of the things I would like to thank my mother for is that she instilled in us to be friends to each other. To help each other when needed, to be there.
I know that she would be proud of us now, it didn't take a lifetime for her to see her girls grow up and not only be sisters, but friends as well.


I would also like to say I had the best mother-in-law. My husband tells me often how much she and I are alike, and I'm proud to say this is a compliment and not insult!
We would often commiserate together on how awful our husbands were and end up laughing about it.












Me, and sisters Sherry, June, Angela, and Glenda after a homemade Ice Cream party.


me and sister-in-law, Evelyn Dawson who helped counsel our children when they wouldn't listen to us.


Left: Roi Solberg, Right: Kathleen Leech sitting Marie Renfro My mother-in-law and her two sister.

Me and my mom on her 85th birthday.




2 comments:

Donna Volkenannt said...

What a thoughtful and loving tribute to your mom.

Sheila Renfro said...

Thank you Donna.