Wednesday, April 1, 2015

IWSG






Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.


This is my first time to post on this subject and yes I'm feeling a bit insecure.
I have been blogging for a couple of years now, but have not had anything published.
The most important thing right now for me is to turn my "baby" loose into the world of publishing.
I have yet to overcome the fear of rejection. Yes I've said it. I have to send out submissions to get published.
If you have any suggestions on this please comment!
Thank you for listening.
Sheila





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sheila! I'm going through the submission phase right now, and after nearly two months and some success (and rejections) my best advice is to find something to keep you busy while you wait. The waiting is the hardest part. :) You'll find yourself changing your query here and there, seeing what works and doesn't work.

Create a running list of agents you want to query and keep building it as the weeks pass. :) Take your time!

dolorah said...

Unfortunately, if you want to be traditionally published, you just gotta get through this phase. Of course, if you self publish, you might also suffer "reader rejection" if you get bad reviews, or no reviews. I just don't think it is possible to not suffer some rejection for your project. My only advice is to just let it go, be brave, and work towards that publication dream - either trad or indie.

Tess Julia said...

It's hard I know. That's something I still don't know if my skin is thick enough for. Best wishes in the process.

Poached Egg Recipes said...

Veryy creative post