Monday, July 26, 2010

Institiute of Children's Literature assignment 2

On Assignment two of the Institute of Children's Literature I learned how to cluster words and form them into ideas and then into a story. I studied the examples of stories in the "Best of the Children's Market"( I love this book and refer to it often.)

I was given a list of words to choose from and could use as many as five. Depending on the age I was writing for determined the length of my story.
I learned about beginning, middle and endings of stories and how to put it all together.

Since the maximum number of word counts to be used was 1000, I learned to narrow down the story and focus on one aspect.

On my feedback from my instructor I was told I needed more description. I have a hard time trying to add description in without making it sound forced.

The other thing I need to work on is conflict.I was referred to two "Talk About" which are very helpful and I have printed them out and refer to them often.

1 comment:

Patricia J. Weaver said...

Your better at description