Thursday, November 27, 2014

Five Things I'm Thankful For this Thanksgiving Day 2014


 




Last picture of all of with Mom and Dad. Back row: Sherry, Sheila(me) June, Glenda, Larry and Angie. Special thanks to Steven Aldridge for the picture.


There are so many things I'm thankful for that it's difficult to name just five, but here goes:
1.     At the top of the list I would have to put that I'm thankful to God for putting me where I am    
        now. In a country where I can worship Him and study Him without fear of being bombed out
        of my home. A city where I have found friends, a job and church.
2.     I'm thankful for my grandparents who had such an impact on my life even though I only got
        see them about once a year until my parents moved back. They were strong in faith, had    
        morals, faced  many hardships and were good parents, too.


       My parents who helped me through rough times and taught me that love could endure between 
       two people and be faithful to each other.
3.    My siblings and friends that are as close as my siblings. They have taught me so much about
       love, forgiveness, friendship and patience.
4.    My husband, my very best friend, who loves me,forgives me and let's me be myself. His
       kindness to my parents, friends and others is phenomenal. I'm thankful for him everyday.
5.    I'm thankful for my three children, for their accomplishments, the closeness they share with
       each other and their willingness to help others in need.


Okay, I know I said five but I have to add one more. I'm thankful for my writing buddies and the encouragement they give me. I hope I am helping them as much as they are helping me.


       



No comments: