Monday, December 22, 2014

Tis the Season

The Christmas season seems to start earlier and earlier each year. Before Halloween this year, I saw Christmas decorations in stores.


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is a time of families and friends getting together. Even this holiday though is getting commercialized with the Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving.
I don't enjoy getting out in the crowds like I used to, but this year I experienced some unusual but pleasant shopping experiences.
My friend, Paula Smith, came to visit for a short time this Thanksgiving and after our meal we decided to see what all the stores had to offer.


At Walmart's crowds were gathered around what customers hoped to purchase waiting for the ball to drop.


I was buying clothes for one of the "angels" we had adopted at work. So I was standing by the boys jeans and my friend was stationed in front of the men's.


They were close so we went back and forth while waiting. At the men there a was a man looking for his size. Paula and I both looked and were able to help him. Then a lady was looking for a certain size and we helped her too.


At the boys a woman was buying clothes for her grandchildren and was needing the same size but different cut. We looked until we found them and we were all set to go when the buying time started.


Walmart had checkout running smoothly and we were out in no time.
The next day we hit Kohl's. There checkout didn't move as fast but we were entertained by fellow customers and sharing the bargains  we found. My friend had her arms full and kept dropping things. There were not enough carts to go around. A lady in line next to us, though shared her cart. When she saw the coat I had come specifically to Kohl's to buy she wanted one too.
I was able to tell her the sizes and colors they had left. Since the line wasn't moving fast I had time to take her to where they were.


I know this may not seem like much, but it is the kindness of strangers that really seems to come out at this time of the season. My hope and prayer is for kindness to continue all year long.


Merry Christmas!


Thank you God for such a wonderful place to live.

No comments: